Viewing Winbook Security Camera via IE

IPSG Electronics

Viewing Winbook Security Camera via IE

Postby CWernecke » 27 Jun 2012 09:12

Hello.

I got the Winbook Security cameras and it was easy to install around my house and to view you it through the home networked PC's. My problem is now after a few days of changing settings that I am finally able to view the cameras away from home either through my phone using IP Cam View or through installing the CMS software at work but I am not able to view them through the IE browser. I have tried this through Windows XP as well as Windows 7 Professional (32 and 64bit) and Windows 7 Ultimate (32 and 64bit).

I did talk with tech support through the live chat as well phone and it was suggested that I either just use my phone which is not acceptable because of data usage and one other suggestion was to bring up the cameras at home through a PC and then remote into that PC. This was definitely not how I was told it was to be done while purchasing it or looking at the description from the site. There were a couple of other 'suggestions' but they weren't at all helpful.

I would be very grateful if I could get some help with this. Again, I am able to view the cameras on my phone through a app and I am able to view them through the software CMS but not through the browser which is needed at certain locations because I can not install anything onto the PC's there because they are thin clients.

Thank you.
CWernecke

Re: Viewing Winbook Security Camera via IE

Postby TSBryanY » 28 Jun 2012 10:56

CWernecke,

Thank you for your post! Viewing the cameras in IE should imply involve going to the internet IP address from your router and using port 80 so xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80 where the x's are all the same IP address you entered in to the app on your phone. This is also assuming all 3 ports were forwarded in your router (34567, 34599, and 80 by default). The web port is the one that must be used for viewing. Even using Internet Explorer this still requires the installation of a plug in that allows the remote viewing so computers that require administrative privileges may still not be able to view it.
TSBryanY

Postby CWernecke » 09 Jul 2012 09:39

Sorry for the long delay.

I have forwarded all the ports. I have installed the plug-in. I can use the CMS software just fine but I am unable to install the software on some PC's because they are used for work ( I am a Network Admin but I won't install it on work property). I can access my cameras from my phone just fine as I stated. Once I take my PC off of my network and try to access my cameras I am not able to do so. It says the address can not be found. I am use the correct IP and port.
CWernecke

Postby CWernecke » 10 Jul 2012 07:25

I am able to view the cameras through my phone as well as the CMS software but I do not want to have to use my phone because of data usage and rather buggy. Although I am a Network Admin I still do not want to install the CMS on a work PC. Since my wife uses thin clients at her job installing the software isn't an option. I have installed the add-on in IE because I can view the cameras while connected at home. When I disconnect any laptop from my home network, the address can no longer be found. I have turned the firewall completely off on the router. All the ports are forwarded.
CWernecke

Postby CWernecke » 18 Jul 2012 13:36

I have posted two replies to this issue and neither have gone through. I am still need of assistance with this issue.
CWernecke

Postby TSMattC » 26 Jul 2012 18:04

CWernecke,

I am sorry that those posts were help up. While the computer is on the local network a local IP would work fine. However if you move it off the network you would need to use the WAN address instead. This could be why it is coming up stating that it is unable to locate the server when you try to connect remotely.
TSMattC

Postby CWernecke » 12 Aug 2012 08:14

I figured it out. What I ended up doing was changing the default port (80) to 81 on the DVR as well as on my router. It works like a champ now.

Since changing it over to 81 it has worked flawlessly.
CWernecke

Postby TSKyleS » 14 Aug 2012 13:12

CWernecke wrote:
> I figured it out. What I ended up doing was changing the default port (80)
> to 81 on the DVR as well as on my router. It works like a champ now.
>
> Since changing it over to 81 it has worked flawlessly.

Great to hear that this solution worked, I'll be making note of this for testing. Thanks for the feedback and if you have any other questions, always feel free to contact us again!
TSKyleS

Postby james71 » 17 Feb 2016 04:36

CWernecke,

I am sorry that those posts were help up. While the computer is on the local network a local IP would work fine. However if you move it off the network you would need to use the WAN address instead. This could be why it is coming up stating that it is unable to locate the server when you try to connect remotely.

Thanks for sharing this post.
james71

Return to Electronics